Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Boston to LA



It felt pretty clear that the synergy of my afternoon deserved posting.  In honor of Lindsay traveling home from Boston to LA, I had to watch the documentary "Magic & Bird: A Courtship of Rivals" this afternoon.  Okay, her being in Boston was really just thematic icing on the already highly promising cake that was this HBO doc on the two greatest basketball players of our childhood.**   And, the film lived up to any and all of the hype I could generate for it.  Amazing!  Highly recommend watching it for any NBA fan of old.  Completely captures the spirit of the era, the dynamic abilities of both players, and features in-depth interviews with Arsenio Hall.  What more could you possibly want?

** Okay, yes, Michael Jordan crossed over into our era, but Bird and Magic played their first game the year we were born, and the Jordan ascension really began after childhood allegiances are formed.  Growing up in San Diego, I was clearly a huge Showtime Lakers fan to the point that I still own, perhaps to Lindsay's chagrin, reissue Magic Converse high-tops, and a Magic Johnson jersey and vintage 1980's shiny polyester jacket (both probably a size too small). And, I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment